Community Developer - Job Description
We’re looking for a community developer that would help us finish our game Among Ripples: Shallow Waters. You would work closely together with the creative director and the rest of the team to create our eco management sim game. We recently signed a deal with the British game publisher Curve Games.
At our studio we have a generalist approach to most areas of game development, so you will join a team that is composed mostly of generalist game developers. When it comes to community development we mean that you would help with building and managing our social media presence, attend conferences and events as well help with PR and marketing planning. As a team with a lot of self-publishing experience, as well as the team at our publisher you will be far from alone in this task. This is a full-time position on-site here in Visby.
Eat Create Sleep is a game studio that exists in the medieval city of Visby on the island of Gotland, which is part of Sweden. We’ve been around since 2014 and are now working on our third game, eco management sim Among Ripples: Shallow Waters, we’ve also done work for hire for major partners. Our focus is on innovative gameplay experiences with a lot of heart and meaningful themes. We ask tough questions with our games and let the player explore the answers.
We’re a team of several nationalities and value work-life balance. Our office is situated on the outskirts of Visby in an area close to the woods, birds and even a nature reserve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, plan and manage our social media presence.
- Create assets for social media, with assistance from the art team.
- Sync with our publisher’s marketeers and ECS about how to sell the game.
- Attend physical industry and press meetings and conferences to represent our work to the outside world.
- Worked/studied with games or software development for a year.
- Have some professional experience with social media management or related fields.
- Excellent skills in English, written and spoken.
We explicitly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want you to include a personal letter and a CV. A small job test may be needed further down the recruitment process. You can send your application before 15th July, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.