Game Designer - Job Description
We’re looking for a new game designer that would help us finish our game Among Ripples: Shallow Waters. You would work closely together with the creative director and the producer to design the game. We’ve already come a way with the design but need a talented designer to bring the game to completion. We’re starting full-production together with our new publisher for 2022 so you’d join early and still have time to shape the project a great deal! This is a full-time position on-site.
Eat Create Sleep is a game studio that exists in the medieval city of Visby on the island of Gotland, which is part of Sweden. We’ve been around since 2014 and are now working on our third game, eco management sim Among Ripples: Shallow Waters, we’ve also done work for hire for major partners. Our focus is on innovative gameplay experiences with a lot of heart and meaningful themes. We ask tough questions with our games and let the player explore the answers.
We have just signed a publishing deal with a European publisher and will complete the game together with them. We’re a team of several nationalities and value work-life balance. Our office is situated on the outskirts of Visby in an area close to the woods, birds and even a nature reserve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work together with the creative director to tweak core game loops.
- Invent game design mechanics based on aesthetic goals.
- Help with balancing and level design.
- Participate in game design meetings and related documentation.
- Studied game development or worked in the game industry for two years.
- Good at communicating feedback and explaining game design.
- Comfortable with systemic and emergent game design.
We explicitly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are more interested in who you are as a person, than what’s on your CV. The application needs to be sent before 13th December, 2021. You can send your application to: email@example.com