Lead Programmer - Job Description
We’re looking for a lead programmer that would help us finish our game Among Ripples: Shallow Waters. You would work closely together with the CTO and the rest of the team to create our eco management sim game. We want the lead programmer to assist with ensuring the code quality is up to snuff as well as work as a mentor. We recently signed a deal with the British game publisher Curve Games. We work in Unity and you’d spend most of the time programming in C#. This is a full-time position on-site here in Visby.
Eat Create Sleep is a game studio that exists in the medieval city of Visby on the island of Gotland, which is part of Sweden. We’ve been around since 2014 and are now working on our third game, eco management sim Among Ripples: Shallow Waters, we’ve also done work for hire for major partners. Our focus is on innovative gameplay experiences with a lot of heart and meaningful themes. We ask tough questions with our games and let the player explore the answers.
We’re a team of several nationalities and value work-life balance. Our office is situated on the outskirts of Visby in an area close to the woods, birds and even a nature reserve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the CTO with leading the programmer team.
- Ensure the team follows our code and file structures.
- Collaborate with the designer to ensure the gameplay mechanics get implemented right.
- Help the producer with documentation related to code.
- Worked in the game industry as a programmer for at least 3 years.
- Have some leadership experience from previous work.
- Well versed in the C# and C++ programming languages.
We explicitly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The application needs to be sent before 15th July, 2022. We want you to include a personal letter, a CV and example code (GitHub or zip folder). Pick a code example you’re happy with and we will study how you code. You can send your application to: email@example.com.