Lead Programmer - Job Description
|Terms:||Full time, on-site|
Eat Create Sleep is looking for a lead programmer to work on Among Ripples: Shallow Waters, our upcoming co Management Sim Game, a highly emergent game with a painterly art style. As a Lead Programmer you need to have experience with the Unity engine and experience in game development. You will work closely together with the CTO and the team that is composed mostly of generalist game developers. We’d like you to assist with ensuring the code quality is up to snuff as well as work as a mentor.
- Assist the CTO with leading the programmer team.
- Mentor and enable junior team members.
- Ensure the team follows our code and file structures.
- Work with the designers to ensure the gameplay mechanics get implemented.
- Help the producer with documentation related to code.
- Have 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Well versed in the C# and C++ programming languages.
- Communicative and supportive of the team effort.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
Eat Create Sleep is a small company with a dedicated team of 12 members. Most of us are from different countries and backgrounds. As a studio we value diversity, equality and strive for an open-minded environment where everyone feels welcome. Since the start in 2014 we’ve asked tough questions and let the player explore the answers. We’re focusing on employee well-being and innovative gameplay experiences with a lot of heart and meaningful themes. For our third game we’ve signed with Curve Games, aiming for release in 2023. The ECS studio is located in the beautiful city of Visby on the island Gotland.
Our Studio Offers
- 6 hour workdays - 30 hour week.
- Flexible work hours and crunch-free policy.
- A fair salary system and great benefits.
- A great studio in the medieval town of Visby, Gotland.
- Yearly wellness grant (friskvårdsbidrag).
- Time for self-study.
- 25 vacation days, with the possibility to get advance vacation pay for new employees.
We explicitly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The application needs to be sent before 1st October, 2022. We want you to include a personal letter, a CV and example code you’re happy with (GitHub or zip folder). You can send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org